The Judith Fisher Centre project has come a long way from it's original conception but there is still lots more work to do. Zoning for the site includes six independent living cottages and a 15 unit assisted living complex.
All the statistical information from the past two decades has shown that the Lasqueti population is trending to older. The majority of islands are independent minded and determined to live out their lives in their own homes. However, this may not be possible for everyone for a number of reasons. The cottages and other potential living units at the FJC will offer a home close to services for the elderly or those in need of temporary care.
With the health centre now operational, the community has turned to planning how to "build out" the elder housing vision. Thanks to a generous bequest honouring the Reverend Allan Greene the first cottage was built in 2014. Recent gifts have enabled us to start a building fund to add onto this legacy. You can support these future needs with a legacy gift or a gift of property. A tribute gift in someone's name creates a lasting remembrance.
How You Can Help:
The Lasqueti Last Resort Society is well underway turning the rest of the dream into a reality. This amazing journey has been the result of extraordinary volunteer efforts and hugely generous donors; and it continues. Your financial support will help us continue with our project. You can help this by:
- Make a gift by cheque or money order payable to Lasqueti Last Resort Society
- Click on our Canada Helps or Pay Pal to make an online donation
- Make a monthly donation from your bank account. Sign up once, and we'll take care of the rest. In January each year, we'll send you a receipt for income tax purposes equal to the total donated during the previous year. You can change or cancel your support at any time.
- Create an on-island legacy by including the LLRS in your will.
- Give your quarterly GST credits.
- Talk to an LLRS Director about other ways you can contribute.
The Lasqueti Last Resort Society is a registered charity and all donations of $25 and over receive a tax receipt.